Southwest Home Education Ministry

Field Trip and Other Opportunities

Educational Opportunities

Lighthouse Speech and Debate Club

Kimberly Gray

Contact Information

Lighthouse Speech & Debate Club meets on Tuesday mornings from 9:30AM-11:30AM at Evergreen Church from September until April.  Lighthouse is a participating member of STOA, a national speech & debate organization, and hosts a local tournament each February.  We offer platform, interpretive, and limited-prep speech events as well as Lincoln Douglas, Team Policy, and Parliamentary Debate for students age 12-18.

Transform Debate Club

Noah Gray

email

Transform debate club is offering Lincoln Douglas and Team Policy debate.  Transform meets Saturdays from 12-2 beginning September 20, 2014.  It is led by Noah Gray, a homeschool graduate and veteran debater.  Noah is also available for private debate coaching.  The club will compete with STOA homeschool debate league (stoausa.org).  Cost is $150 for the year.

Missouri Teen Pact

National Office

email
(888) 343-1776

Laurel Morton – MO Coordinator

email
(816) 510-2628

Karen Collins – MO Co-Coordinator

email

Best of Missouri Hands Potter

Desiree Young

(417) 844-4551

I’m a Handy Helper Sign Language

Jimi Teague

(417) 350-3819

Tutors

Gayle Pollock

(417) 343-8281

I am a Certified teacher, and have had experience in teaching and tutoring Reading, English, Science, and Math.  I have just finished homeschooling all four of my children throughout their entire education.  Call me for more information.

Yahoo and Facebook Groups

SWMOHE Yahoo Group

A place for homeschoolers in the Southwest Missouri area to discuss homeschooling, issues that affect homeschooling, plan park days, plan or inform of upcoming educational opportunities, buy and sell items of interest to other homeschoolers, and otherwise network with other homeschoolers in specific areas. Our Files section contains links to organizations in the surrounding area.

A brief introduction will be required before your membership will be approved to Southwest Missouri Home Educators. This is merely to eliminate those who really aren’t home schoolers and just want an email group to crash and/or spam. We can be a chatty group, so feel free to delete as you like.

*MO-VIP*

Families enrolled in MO-VIP are welcome to be members of SWMOHE as long as they understand SWMOHE exists to support parents who are in accordance with Missouri State Statutes (RSMo.167.031) pertaining to home education. Since MO-VIP falls under the direction of Missouri Public Schools (RSMo. 161.067 “virtual public school”), posts advocating or promoting MO-VIP as a home education alternative will not be permitted.